Show Summary: Molds are a fungus that feeds off of organic material, and it can make you sick. Its existence in the household makes it dangerous for human health, especially if people are unaware of what it does to our immune system. Sadly, eighty percent of American families have toxic mold problems that affect the occupants' health.
It doesn't exempt dry areas when there is a leaky pipe, water damage, or drainage issues. Itchy throat, cough, or runny nose that doesn't go away are toxic molds' symptoms. It also has psychological effects like headaches, brain fog, fatigue, depression, nausea, and in some cases, even hallucinations; if it's bad enough.
To get rid of it, listen to Ryan Blaser, the owner of Test My Home, a company aiming to create healthy, toxic-free work and home environments through mold remediation. Find out what other recommendations he has to prevent molds from spreading to your house.
Gutsy Health Website
Provo Health Instagram
Test My Home
Test My Home Facebook
Test My Home Instagram
3 Exceptional Highlights:
- The reason that it's toxic is that mold is fighting for its territory. They're not necessarily doing that to harm humans, but they're trying to fight off the other mold species that are in the area.
- Proper mold remediation, according to the standards, is removing the mold physically. So either sanding, if it's in a porous material, it needs to be thrown away.
- Our number one goal is to build a healthy home and to have mold-free, toxin-free. And let's take our time, let's do it right. It might take a little bit longer, but in the end, you're going to have a home, that's going to be a sanctuary for you.
What is Mold?
- Mold is a fungus, it's a fungus in its own kingdom. And it feeds off of organic material. So if you have water and you have organic material, mold spores are in the air everywhere. So you give it a little water, something to eat, and you're gonna have mold growing.
What's the difference between bad mold, black mold & mold on our cheese??
- There are several hundred different kinds of mold in their molds that are much worse than others just like they're different kinds of animals. So a tiger might be more dangerous than a bunny.
How do you know if you have a mold problem?
- There are a couple of things you can do. Mold needs water to grow. One of the first things you can do is look for water leaks. If you had a water leak, do you currently have any water spots or water damage?
Are there certain materials or ways you can build to minimize your risk of mold?
- Using magnesium boards instead of drywall, it doesn't have the paper on it. There's nothing for the mold to grow on and it's breathable.
Can we use bleach on it or paint over it?
- It’s the worst thing you can put on mold. It actually makes it worse for two reasons: