Big Fat Lies about Fats-Part 2
Sep 15, 2021
Episode 99: Gutsy Health Podcast
Show Summary: “Every cell in your body has fat, your nerves, and brain. Your brain is 60% fat; that's why fat is crucial for everything.”
Cholesterol is the backbone you need to make all of your sex hormones. Every cell in your body has a phospholipid membrane that is made up of fat. That's why fats are so healthy and essential. But many started to fear consuming fats because of the epidemiological research done by Ancel Keys back in the 50s and 60s that demonized fats and said people who eat high fat die younger. But sadly, epidemiological studies are unreliable.
People who take their vitamins on an empty stomach in the morning do not absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K without fats. Fat-soluble vitamins are delivered to damaged tissues in your body to heal & repair and to have healthy neural tissue and brain function. This is why lower total cholesterol is not helping your health in any way.
Listen closely to this episode to know if saturated and unsaturated fats are good for your health. Discover what high-fat foods are incredible and nutritious to your body. And please help your friends and family remove their fear of cholesterol by simply sharing this with them.
- When you are healing, slow down because you're a human being. The pressure that we put ourselves under is not good for our nervous systems, bodies and souls.
- You have to have fats in order to absorb vitamins A, D ,E and K.
- Saturated fats are very tasty. If you eat these more and eat protein more, you're going to eat less carbs..
The update on Juanique
- It's been a while since we've podcasted. I haven't been on Instagram a ton lately. It's been tough for me to show up. I share this because many people have been following this journey of Tristin's passing. And what my process looks like and how our family is trying to heal from it. I want people to understand and know that healing and mourning are very up and down, it comes in cycles.
Why is it so important for us to eat fat?
- First of all, so much of our bodies are made up of fat. So much of our brains, our hormones, our lipid membranes, it's incredible. And I think whenever we talk about hormones; especially, we see so many people so afraid of cholesterol and the egg yolks, right? But when you look at how hormones are made, it's that initial building block. Cholesterol is the first thing that you need to make all of your sex hormones.
What happens when you eat saturated fat or unsaturated fat or trans fat?
- When you eat saturated fat or unsaturated fat, or polyunsaturated fat, these are all found in nature and foods. When you're exposed to natural fats not made by man, your body has enzymes and the ability to break those down and utilize them. When it comes to trans fats, something made in the lab, your body hasn't got any capability of breaking this down in your body. So it creates a lot of inflammation and a lot of problems.
Big Fat Lies 1
Episode with Diana Rodgers; author of the Sacred Cow